Lawyers For Small Businesses In Central Virginia
Timely legal advice is essential for every small business. The cost of obtaining legal counsel is always less than the cost of correcting a mistake.
At Patel & Dalrymple, we represent small and medium-sized businesses in Lynchburg and surrounding communities in central Virginia. Call 434-832-7030 to talk to a lawyer about the business issues you are facing.
Our lawyers provide a full range of business law services your enterprise may need, including:
- Corporate formation: We form limited liability companies, business trusts and other types of corporate entities to protect your personal assets from the liabilities associated with a business and obtain desired tax treatment.
- Business agreements: We draft partnership, shareholder, buy-sell, nondisclosure and other types of agreements to head off disputes that can be disastrous for any enterprise.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts: The best way to avoid a contract dispute is through careful drafting of contracts that are both clear and enforceable.
- Commercial real estate: Commercial real estate transactions require a high degree of due diligence to protect your investment and avoid unwanted surprises.
- Sales and purchases of businesses: We handle mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases, and other similar business transactions.
- Estate and business succession planning: We provide estate and succession planning for closely held companies as well as families with significant assets.
Due to the wide range of commercial law services we provide, our law firm often serves as general counsel to firms in the Lynchburg area.
Representing you in commercial litigation: Our lawyers are here to advocate for you in business disputes through negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
For More Information About Our Business Law Services
To schedule an attorney consultation about business law services, call 434-832-7030 or send us an email.
Protecting Your Business And Yourself From Liability
Choosing the right type of corporate entity is crucial to the success of your business. The attorneys at Patel & Dalrymple have extensive experience in assisting both new and on-going businesses in business formation, restructuring and transactions. Call 434-832-7030 to schedule a consultation. Our law office is in Lynchburg and we serve business owners throughout central Virginia.
Why You Need A Business Entity
A business entity is a shield against the potential liabilities of a business. Without a corporate shield, you could be personally liable for lawsuits, debts and other liabilities associated with your business. The right business entity can also help you secure desired tax treatment.
The following are examples of the business entities our attorneys create:
- Limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships (LLCs and LLPs)
- S- and C-corporations
- Business trusts for real estate investments
- Family limited partnerships
Our lawyers seek out innovative ways to achieve your objectives. For example, if you own multiple real estate properties, you may want to consider placing all of your properties in a business trust rather than multiple LLCs. A business trust provides liability protection without the costs, tax and administrative headaches associated with multiple LLCs.
For More Information About Business Formation
To schedule an attorney consultation about business entities, call 434-832-7030 or send us an email.