Protecting Your Interests When You Are Injured
Nobody plans to be injured in an accident. As a result, most people are unprepared to deal with issues such as medical bills, lost wages, liability, and an insurance company that fights them at every turn.
At Patel & Dalrymple, our lawyers are here to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve if you are injured by someone else. We will handle the legal and insurance issues you are facing so you can concentrate on recovering your health. Call 434-832-7030 for a free case evaluation. Our law office is in Lynchburg and we represent injured people and their families throughout central Virginia.
No legal fees unless we win: We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no legal fees unless we recover compensation for you.
The following are examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Our accident attorneys represent people who are injured in car, truck and motorcycle wrecks. We also represent pedestrians and bicyclists who are injured in accidents involving motor vehicles.
- Unsafe property conditions: We represent people who are injured in slip and fall, trip and fall, and other types of accidents caused by unsafe property conditions. This area of law is known as premises liability.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Dog owners in Virginia are responsible if their pet causes a serious injury to another person.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a family member as a result of the careless or wrongful actions of another, our lawyers will help you seek justice.
Free Personal Injury Consultation
No matter how you were injured, we offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions and explain your rights. To schedule an attorney consultation, call 434-832-7030 or send us an email.
Steps To Take After A Virginia Car Accident
Car accidents usually happen because someone didn't follow a safety rule. In Virginia, our civil justice system allows you to hold unsafe drivers accountable for the damage they cause.
At Patel & Dalrymple, our lawyers are here to protect your rights under the law and obtain the compensation you deserve. Call 434-832-7030 for a free initial consultation. Our law office is in Lynchburg and we represent car accident victims and their families throughout central Virginia.
Here are just a few examples of the types of auto accidents we handle:
- Drunk driver accidents
- Accidents caused by users who are distracted by cellphones or their car's infotainment system
- Rear-end collisions
- Accidents caused by speeding or unsafe lane changes
- Intersection accidents caused by a driver's failure to yield the right of way
- Trucking accidents caused by drowsy drivers
Protect Your Rights After An Accident
It's important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after an accident to collect and preserve evidence of liability. Even if the other driver admits that he or she was at fault, they may change their story later — and their insurance company could refuse to pay.
To protect your rights after an accident:
- Report the accident to police.
- Obtain medical attention to make sure you are all right.
- Follow your doctor's treatment plan until you get better.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to the other driver's insurance company, as they will try to get you to say things that will damage your claim.
- Don't accept a settlement without legal advice.
Free Car Accident Consultation
We offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions. To talk to a lawyer, call 434-832-7030 or send us an email.